We recently posted an article with some helpful information regarding the virus.
Now that a lot of our state’s counties are in the Yellow Phase of regrowth, we thought we’d take a stab at clearing up any confusion still out there about what that means for you.
Pennsylvania’s governor, Tom Wolf, has planned to re-open its economy in three different phases. His intention is to minimize cases and maximize the economic healing of our state.
Are you confused about what Yellow Phase means for you, specifically?
First, you should confirm that your county is in the Yellow Phase. Go to this link (https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-pa-reopening-state-virus-20200501-bfe3w4pjpjg3jeuc5iglxrzexi-story.html), scroll down a bit, and hover over your county to confirm.
If you’re in the Yellow Phase, these are the guidelines you need to follow.
What This Means for You:
- The stay-at-home order is lifted!
- Wear a mask in any business (not new news). This is enforced by the businesses themselves. The governor also encourages wearing masks in any other place that you could come within 6 feet of others, but this isn’t required.
- Gatherings under 25 people are allowed! Anything over 25 is not allowed.
What This Means for Businesses:
- Retail businesses can open, but they need to follow CDC guidelines. Delivery and curbside pickup are preferred (but not required).
- Child care facilities can open, but they need to follow CDC guidelines. ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-childcare.html)
- Only businesses in malls with external entrances can open (pharmaceutical or health care tenants are exceptions to the rule).
- All employees are still required to wear masks while at work.
- Any business that can feasibly operate working remotely needs to continue to do so.
Generic business guidelines are included at this link: https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/20200504-COVID-19-Business-Guidance.pdf
What will Remain Closed:
- Restaurants and bars need to stay closed (except for takeout and delivery).
- Schools can’t open at this point in time.
- Many other businesses need to remain closed per Governor Wolf’s orders: “Indoor recreation, health and wellness facilities and personal care services (such as gyms, spas, hair salons, nail salons and massage therapy providers), and all entertainment (such as casinos, theaters) and such businesses remain closed.”
Hopefully this clears some things up for you!
Our team is still working vigorously and virtually (except for our maintenance team, who are our strong frontline workers).
Keep your head up. We’re healing together,
-The Birgo Team